Established in 2003 by Sacha KOTTMANN in Mulhouse. At first the company was specialized in extruders and co-extruders with small screw diameter and smooth barrel (ELIPSE series). but in a short period of time the technical team developed extruders with grooved barrel sleeves technology (ARC and HELICAL series) and diameters from 20 mm to more than 120 mm.
KOMAX became well-known in all 5 continents thanks to its extruders and very soon it grew up and moved to Wittenheim in 2008, in the surroundings of Mulhouse.
The company started to produce complete extrusion lines for pipes and technical profiles since the beginning of 2006 and afterwards KOMAX also started the production of extrusion lines for cables. The acquisition of DEXSEN company is the last part of this development.
KOMAX is specialized in the engineering, development and production of single screw extruders and co-extruders as well as in the set-up of ready-to-use extrusion lines.
Our extruders and extrusion lines are engineered to produce profiles, tubes, pipes, wire and cables with many different plastic compounds.
How KOMAX develops its products
KOMAX is fully custom-oriented and focused on the newest technology for our extruders and co-extruders. Thanks to our skilled and expert team, we can quickly meet and fulfill the requests of our customers. This ability allows us to develop dedicated machines and processes as requested.
Target of KOMAX developments
KOMAX develops its products according the following guidelines:
Energy saving: reduction in consumption of energy and water thanks to specific barrel design (see HELICAL series), high performance motors, heat insulation and the systematic use of electro valves in the water circulation (closed loop control).
User-friendly and operational: KOMAX machines are engineered to improve the production efficiency at our customers as well as at the operators that daily work with our extruders and extrusion lines.
Compact design: space and weight saving are the key point of our design.
EFFITECH is our policy of energy saving
Energy consumption both electricity, cooling water or compressed air is a for sure a key point in the choice of an extruder.
– Energy consumption both electricity, cooling water or compressed air is a for sure a key point in the choice of an extruder.
– Usage of a synchronal motor without magnetic stream
– Motor directly installed on the gearbox in order to avoid the use of belts and chains which leads to an improved performance of the drive chain.
– Ceramic belts for a faster increase of the temperature.
– Hood of the heating device with a double insulated wall to heat the barrel and not the production hall.
– Grooves on the surface of the barrel for a more effective performance of the air blower.
– Systematic regulation of the cooling circuit through an electro valve and a thermocouple for the control of the temperature of the cooling element (PID) which consequently leads to the reduction of the consumption of water.
FORMTECH is our technical Know How for the extruder installation.
According to the series and size of the extruder, we can offer different versions of extruders. These different installations are marked by the letters I, L, U and Z which describe the arrangement of the elements: barrel-gearmotor-motor. This allows us to tailormade the shape and the size of the extruder or co-extruder according to your needs.