Which applications satisfy a KOMAX & DEXSEN extrusion line for the production of wires and cables?
A KOMAX or DEXSEN extrusion line for the production of wires and cables is engineered for single layer and multilayer insulation or sheathing with several different applications, such as automotive, building, construction, power distribution, datacom and telecommunication.
Available types of KOMAX & DEXSEN extrusion lines for the production of wires and cables
KOMAX offers a wide range of extrusion lines for wires and cables, with different final products, such as:
- Round insulated wires, coloured with stripes and skin
- Sectoral insulated wires, coloured with stripes
- Cables with filling and sheathing or jacketing
- Flat wires and cables
These wires and cables can have various diameters, from 0.5 mm to more than 130 mm, and the KOMAX & DEXSEN lines produce them using the most requested thermoplastic and thermosetting compounds available on the market, such as: LDPE, MDPE, HDPE, PVC, PP, PA, PU, TPU, PEEK, XLPE, XL-FR, HFFR….
Including fluorinated polymers such as FEP, PFA, PTFE.
Motors and drives
All our machines are equipped with high energy efficiency gearboxes and motors, to guarantee a low energy consumption for our customers.
Liquid-cooled gearmotors are available for the highest energy efficiency on extruders with the maximum containment of noise levels.
The use of the latest generation of Siemens and Lenze drives complete the combination for the control and management of speed and torque on the extrusion screw, further reducing consumption.
Electrical and control equipment
All lines are completed with electrical equipment produced in-house by KOMAX to ensure the maximum guarantee of quality and service to customers.
- The KOMAX and DEXSEN programs are based on the most recent Siemens protocols and they allow quick installation of the machines, even on existing lines
- A rich exchange of information with the plant network ensures that our extrusion lines are in accordance with Industry 4.0
- Easy use of the line is guaranteed by a large and intuitive 15”, 19” and 22” touch screen, which is capable of displaying production process graphics in real time.
- Potentiometers are available on request.